Hydroquinone is essential to the treatment of many skin pigmentation disorders. The benefits include:
- Addresses stubborn pigment
- Enhanced correction of existing pigment
- Suppresses future pigment
Hydroquinone, however, it not be used continuously for the following reasons:
- Resistance is frequently seen after 5 months of continued use of hydroquinone.
- Unlimited use also leads to photosensitivity and tphotoxicity, as skin is deprived of its natural protection through melanin.
- Ochronosis and rebound hyperpigmentation may increase.
Please contact our office for more information.